One of the most helpful tweaks in the recently released Logos 8.5 update is the ability to both share and download documents within Faithlife Groups. This blog focuses on sharing and next week’s downloading.
So let’s say you’re a member of a Faithlife Group and you want to share a Passage List with the members. You can now do that right from the Docs menu:
- Open the Docs menu
- Click the Sidebar icon (A) which opens the Filter pane on the left (B)
- Click the Yours tab (C) which of course contains your personal documents which now in 8.5 includes Notebooks and Resource Collections (D)
- Click in the Type section (E) the kind of document you want to share which in this example will be Passage List (F)
- Select a Document on the right (don’t directly click the title which opens the file) (G)
- Click the Share link in the upper right of the Docs panel (H) (You can also right click on a document and select Share from the context menu)
- Click the Group tab in the Share window that opens (I)
- Click the To drop down list (J)
- Select the Faithlife Group with which you wish to share the file (K)
- Click the Collaborate box if you wish for other members to be able to edit the file (L)
- Click Done (M)
That’s all there is to making your personal document available to members of your Faithlife Group! Of course, they’ll have to download it, which I’ll explain in next week’s blog.
For video training on all of the 8.5 changes please check out MPSeminarsOnline.com.
And don’t forget to follow faithlife.com/MPSeminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.